- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Acteon NEWTRON Perfect Margin® tips are ultrasonic prosthetic finishing tips used for coronal or coronal-radicular prosthetic preparations finishing. Features and benefits include:
Atraumatic preparation without bleeding:
- High precision movements thanks to tactile sensation.
- Laser marking at 1 mm to view and control the sulcus penetration in order to preserve the epithelial attachment.
Perfect integration and longevity of the crown:
- Dentinal tissue can be quickly and safely prepared in areas where it would be delicate to use a diamond bur.
- Clear and smooth finishing lines.
- Improved quality of impression-taking and extremely precise cervical adjustment of the prosthetic restoration.
Two kits for two different approaches:
- PerfectMargin Rounded: quarter-round shape tips, whose form is in harmony with burs used in supra-gingival.
- PerfectMargin Shoulder: shoulder shape with rounded internal angle tips, to prevent cervical margin lip during intrasulcular finishing.
Indications for Use
- PM1. Preparation, rounded edge, diamond-coated tip 76 μm. First instrument of the ultrasonic sequence, following the rotary phase. Intrasulcular dentin preparation and positioning of finishing line.
- PM2. Finishing, rounded edge, diamond-coated tip 46 μm. Correction of irregularities in the finish line and start of polishing. Its diamond coating, less dense than on the PM1, makes it possible to obtain a cutting edge finish.
- PM3. Polishing, rounded edge, smooth. This entirely smooth instrument is last in the finishing sequence, improving the condition of the surface at the cervical limit before impression taking.
- PM4. Corono-radicular preparation, conical, diamond-coated 46 μm. After the rotating phase the PM4 tip is used to: prepare the upper ⅓ of canal chamber; shape anatomically the connection cone; clean the root walls; smooth the entry cones for the anatomical posts.
- PMS1. Preparation, shoulder shape, diamond-coated tip 76 μm. First instrument of the ultrasonic sequence, after the rotary phase. Penetration of the sulcus to continue preparation the dentine, in order to correct the "lip" of the preparation and obtain a shoulder-shape finishing line.
- PMS2. Finishing, shoulder shape, diamond-coated tip 46 μm. Shoulder shape finishing line without risk of a lesion in the attachment system, and beginning of polishing thanks to its lower grit diamond-coating. When the yellow setting of the ultrasonic generator is used, PM2 and PMS2 can be used for polishing the dentine.
For use with Acteon NEWTRON Ultrasonic Generators.
PM1 (Item Number: 822250): 1 ea.
PM2 (822251): 1 ea.
PM3 (822252): 1 ea.
PM4 (822253): 1 ea.
PMS1 (822254): 1 ea.
PMS2 (822255): 1 ea.
Q: How do I change (or place) the tip?
A: The tip threads onto the end of the autoclavable handpiece (AHP). The tip-enclosing wrench provided prevents you from having to touch the actual tip. You orient the slot in the wrench around the base of the tip, press the wrench into place, and turn the tip counter-clockwise to loosen the tip. The tip should always either be applied on the AHP or inside the wrench. First, hand tighten a tip to the handpiece. Then align the hole of the wrench to the flat sides of the tip and press down. The wrench will lock into place. Now unscrew the wrench and the tip remains inside, helping prevent the loss of tips or injuring hands and fingers. Hand tightening only needs to be done the first time using the device or acquiring new tips and wrenches. The tip should remain in the wrench unless it’s in use. The torque wrenches have a special design that will prevent over-tightening of the tip on the AHP. When the tip is tight on the AHP, continue to force the wrench in a clockwise motion until you hear an audible “click”. You will then know the tip is sufficiently tight on the AHP. DO NOT DO THIS WITH THE FLAT COLOUR-CODED WRENCHES.
Q: Can I sharpen these tips?
A: No. These tips are not to be altered in any way. Sharpening these tips will negatively affect the tip’s ability to vibrate properly.
Q: How long do the tips last?
A: Most users experience at least 6 – 9 months of use prior to having to replace a tip due to its wear. ACTEON offers the widest variety of NEWTRON tip designs and manufactures the thinnest perio tips on the market. ACTEON was the first company to develop tips with an internal coolant spray, diamond coated tips and pure titanium tips for implant maintenance. ACTEON manufactures NEWTRON tips for all applications including:
- subgingival scaling
- root planing
- implant maintenance
- biofilm disruption
- cavity preparation
- margin preparation
- condensing of composites
- endodontic retreatment
- post and crown removal
- apical surgery
Recommended Torque Wrenches: Acteon Torque Wrenches