- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
- Technical Details
The Acteon NEWTRON® range of ultrasonic generators are equipped with exclusive and patented NEWTRON technology, which brings more preservation, efficacy and comfort to any procedure.
Clean effectively while preserving teeth is a major concern for dentists and hygienists worldwide. The patented technologies of NEWTRON ultrasonic generators, combined with tips’ high quality, support you every day with the promise of the best possible care to patients. The range of dental ultrasound products associated with Acteon® tips enable to clean, treat and educate patients for better dental hygiene: removal of teeth dental plaque as well as stains and discolorations, prosthetic finishing line preparation, caries treatment, but also dental prosthesis and implants maintenance.
NEWTRON ultrasonic generators offer:
- Specific hardness of steel; nearest to enamel
- Automatic power regulation and perfectly controlled vibrations with the NEWTRON technology
- Increased tactile sense for the practitioner
Other features and benefits include:
A BRAND NEW VISION OF SCALING
Technology that guides your treatments in real time:
- Highlights dental plaque perfectly for guided clinical care
- Improves clinical efficiency with more accurate and effective treatment
- Educate patients and encourage case acceptance
THE WIDEST RANGE OF TIPS
Over 80 different tips, with exclusive and patented designs, alloys and coatings that won’t damage the different surfaces treated.
PRESERVATION OF TEETH AND TISSUE
- Perfectly controlled vibrations for precise and gentle treatments.
- Specific steel quality for anatomy and enamel preservation.
- Total irrigation control with no heat and safer for tissues.
- The automatic frequency adjustment guarantees maximum efficiency under any conditions.
- Power is regulated in real-time according to the resistance encountered by the tip, for consistent performance with no pressure needed.
- Powerful cavitation at tip's extremity induces fragmentation and elimination of deposits, with a cleaning and disinfecting effect.
COMFORT FOR YOU AND YOUR PATIENTS
- Painless treatment for the patient.
- Decreased fatigue for the clinician.
- Better tactile sense offering more precise treatment.
- NEWTRON BOOSTER: Front plane inclined at 45° for better interaction with the practitioner, and a smooth surface for easy and safe decontamination. Silicone handpiece holders easy to use, and detachable for a complete and quick sterilization in autoclave.
- NEWTRON P5 BLED and NEWTRON® P5 XS BLED: Soothing lights around the dial corresponding to the Color Coding System™. Thin and balanced handpiece. Flat glass surface and detachable dial for a quick and safe cleaning. Customizable and autoclavable silicone handpiece holders.
Dental plaque highlighted by NEWTRON ultrasonic scaler
NEWTRON Patented Colour-coding Technology
Use NEWTRON P5 XS BLED with HVE to help reduce water splatter. Fight COVID-19 with NEWTRON.
What are the features of benefits of NEWTRON ultrasonic scalers? Watch this video to find out!
*Newtron Booster (Item Number: 828334):
- NEWTRON unit
- NEWTRON Handpiece
- S power Supply
Newtron Intro Kit (820932):
- Tips - #1, 10Z, H3
- 3 x Torque Wrenches
- Autoclavable Box
GII 2-Tone Grey P5 Newtron Handpiece, original (828281):
- Autoclavable Handpiece, 1 ea. Fits older NEWTRON units
Newtron Slim Handpiece (828336):
- Handpiece without LED for NEWTRON Booster, 1 ea
*SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCT: Product is not stocked in our warehouse and is only requested when an order is placed for said product. This product is ineligible to be returned.
Q: How do I set the water flow or how much water is needed?
A: A good way to set the water flow is to do the following:
- Place the # 1 tip on the handpiece.
- Then turn the power setting down to its lowest point.
- With the tip pointing upwards, adjust the water to a drip rate of two to three drips per second and make sure the water is reaching the very end of the tip (this will ensure water reaches the tip when working on the maxillary teeth).
- Now adjust the power to the blue range and press the foot control. There should be a light mist when the water comes in contact with the tip. This is enough to keep the tip cool to the touch.
Q: Can I run medicaments like chlorhexidine through my ultrasonic?
A: Yes, if any medicament other than water is run through the unit, you must flush the unit and handpiece with water for one full minute after use.
Q: I am working with the unit and I don’t feel, hear or see any vibration. Is the unit on?
A: NEWTRON™ piezo devices operate quietly with no heat or vibration felt in the handpiece. This is not the case with units utilizing magnetostrictive systems where vibration is felt in the handpiece. Apply the tip to a light metal object (key or coin) to verify its vibrating.
Q: Can I use this on a patient with a pacemaker?
A: Current literature states that there is little to EMI emitted from piezo handpieces, and most pacemakers are shielded as well to protect the patient. We recommend contacting the patient’s cardiologist to get authorization before using a NEWTRON™ device on the patient with a pacemaker.
Q: The tip “chatters” on the tooth and does not seem to be removing the calculus efficiently. What am I doing wrong?
A: Tip orientation is incorrect. The tip vibrates in a linear motion on the same plane as the handpiece (straight forward and back). This makes the lateral sides of the tip extremely efficient for shaving off sheets of calculus. The stroke required is a mirror image of hand instrumentation requiring only very little pressure resulting in no hand fatigue. An easy way to understand this concept is to scale without stepping on the foot control just like manually scaling the teeth.
Q: Does it matter what power level I use for a particular tip?
A: Yes. It is important to use the proper power level. Operating within the correct power level range assures optimal tip vibration (amplitude) for efficient performance during application. Some tips may break when the recommended power setting is exceeded. The rule of thumb is the thinner the tip the lower the power setting. NEWTRON™ tips feature a unique colour-coded system (CCS) to match recommended power settings for each application.
- Green: Low power for subgingival scaling, root-planing, perio and implant maintenance
- Yellow: Medium power for conventional endodontics, re-treatments, gutta-percha condensing and surgery.
- Blue: High power for supragingival scaling, cavity preparation and margin preparation.
- Orange: Very high power for condensing composites and removing posts and crowns.
These power settings correspond with the colour-coded power control knob on all SATELEC® ultrasonic devices.
Q: How do I remove the handpiece from the tubing?
A: The handpiece pulls straight away from the tubing to be disconnected. Do not twist the handpiece or your may damage the handpiece connector.
Q: Is there any maintenance to be done for the handpiece?
A: Yes. After each use, the AHP should be wiped down with disinfecting wipes. Around the base of the HP is a larger o-ring to ensure a tight fit between handpiece and tubing. There is also an o-ring, which is smaller, inside the base of the AHP. This o-ring ensures a tight fit where water runs from tubing through the AHP. The o-rings should be changed every 2-3 months (spare o-rings are provided in the handpieces original box). At the end of the day the handpiece should be stored separated from the handpiece tubing. The nosecone also unscrews from the handpiece to ease the removal of any blood or other contaminants.
Q: What parts are autoclavable?
A: The handpiece, nosecone, tip, wrench, and box are all autoclavable. If you have an LED handpiece, the LED light and clear plastic light guide are autoclavable too. You must separate the tip and nosecone from the handpiece before sterilizing. Do not soak the handpiece in an ultrasonic bath. All items may be autoclaved in the box provided or in individual pouches.
Q: How do I change (or place) the tip?
A: The tip threads onto the end of the autoclavable handpiece (AHP). The tip-enclosing wrench provided prevents you from having to touch the actual tip. You orient the slot in the wrench around the base of the tip, press the wrench into place, and turn the tip counter-clockwise to loosen the tip. The tip should always either be applied on the AHP or inside the wrench. First, hand tighten a tip to the handpiece. Then align the hole of the wrench to the flat sides of the tip and press down. The wrench will lock into place. Now unscrew the wrench and the tip remains inside, helping prevent the loss of tips or injuring hands and fingers. Hand tightening only needs to be done the first time using the device or acquiring new tips and wrenches. The tip should remain in the wrench unless it’s in use. The torque wrenches have a special design that will prevent over-tightening of the tip on the AHP. When the tip is tight on the AHP, continue to force the wrench in a clockwise motion until you hear an audible “click”. You will then know the tip is sufficiently tight on the AHP. DO NOT DO THIS WITH THE FLAT COLOUR-CODED WRENCHES.
Q: Can I sharpen these tips?
A: No. These tips are not to be altered in any way. Sharpening these tips will negatively affect the tip’s ability to vibrate properly.
Q: How long do the tips last?
A: Most users experience at least 6 – 9 months of use prior to having to replace a tip due to its wear. ACTEON offers the widest variety of NEWTRON™ tip designs and manufactures the thinnest perio tips on the market. ACTEON was the first company to develop tips with an internal coolant spray, diamond coated tips and pure titanium tips for implant maintenance. ACTEON manufactures NEWTRON™ tips for all applications including:
- subgingival scaling
- root planing
- implant maintenance
- biofilm disruption
- cavity preparation
- margin preparation
- condensing of composites
- endodontic retreatment
- post and crown removal
- apical surgery.
Recommended Hygiene & Scaling Tips: Acteon Scaling and Hygiene Piezo Ultrasonic Tips
Recommended Periodontal Tips: Acteon Periosoft Piezo-Electric Ultrasonic Tips
Recommended Implant Maintenance Tips: Acteon Periosoft Piezo-Electric Ultrasonic Tips
Recommended Apical Surgery Tips: Acteon Apical Surgery Ultrasonic Tips
Recommended Loosening Root Canal Post Tip: Acteon Loosening Ultrasonic Tip
Recommended Canal Irrigation Files: Acteon Canal Irrigation K Files
Recommended Prosthetic Finishing Tips: Acteon Ultrasonic Perfect Margin® Tips
Recommended Cavity Preparation Tip: Acteon Excavus EX1 Cavity Prep Tip
Recommended Tip Accessory: Acteon Torque Wrenches