- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Patients look forward to running their tongue across the smooth surface of their teeth after the orthodontic brackets are removed. Smoozies ensure this is the case when bracket debonding is completed or attachments/buttons are removed. Smoozie adhesive removers target softer material rather than enamel. Features and benefits include:
- Do not leave marks on the natural tooth substance
- Very economical in use due to a long service life
- Maximum speed: 15,000 rpm
- Recommended speed: 6,000 rpm
- Autoclave only - do not put in any ultrasonic for cleaning
Ready, Steady, Smoozie.
Looking for a way to easily switch to Komet burs? Download and then print a Komet Bur Conversion Card here:
After removing the brackets, the tungsten carbide H22ALGK is used to remove the glue quickly and efficiently. Use at 50,000RPM for the FG and 20,000rpm for the RA.
If necessary, the glue eraser Smoozie polishers are then used to gently remove any last traces of glue from the tooth without damaging the enamel underneath thereby allowing the natural tooth structure to remain intact. When reprocessing the Smoozie polisher use autoclave only, avoid immersing in the ultrasonic to extend its useable life.
Orthodontic debonding using H23VIP 314 016 bur and Smoozie Polisher (9498 204 050).
Point - 9498.RA.050 (Item Number: 1902004): 10-pack
Cup - 9499.RA.060 (1902005): 10-pack
Recommended Finishing & Debonding burs:
- Komet H246 Flame Tungsten Carbide Finishing Bur
- Komet H379 Egg Tungsten Carbide Finishing Bur
- Komet H22ALGK.FG.016 Round End Orthodontic Adhesive Removal Burs
- Komet H22ALGK.RA.016 Round End Orthodontic Adhesive Removal Burs
- Komet H23VIP.FG.016 Orthodontic Adhesive Debonding Burs
- Komet H23VIP.RA.016 Orthodontic Adhesive Debonding Burs