- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Clan Border-Lock® Edentulous trays deliver prosthodontic impression accuracy and stability that rivals custom trays, at a fraction of the cost. Other features and benefits include:
- Anatomically correct design and fit reduces impression space, delivering superior dynamic pressure around the arch during insertion while reducing the amount of impression material you will need to use by up to 40%
- Enables suction-type retention for a lower denture;
- Maintains excellent peripheral contours, conforms to the palate, and accurately captures the hamular notches
- Made from rigid Plexiglas to deliver enhanced stability
- Green mouldable trays can be shaped by hand to a patient’s particular arch size and contour, after immersion in 70°C water
- Available in 5 upper and 5 lower sizes
Intraoral impression using Border-Lock upper tray
Dentistry and photography courtesy of Dr. Robert Ritter.
The Border-Lock Edentulous tray system includes a caliper to measure both the width and unique shape of the patient's arch. For the upper, measure the greatest distance between the buccal faces to the alveolar ridge with the caliper (for the lower, measure the distance between the retro molar pads with the caliper).
Place the caliper on the measurement guide to easily identify the ideal Border-Lock tray for that patient.
Try-in tray to ensure proper fit.
Load the Border-Lock tray with Affinity Monophase.
Insert the tray intraorally and border mould. Excess impression material will not escape toward the throat. Monophase's intraoral set time is less than 3:00 minutes. Border-Lock Edentulous trays limit the impression space, reducing impression material by up to 40%, and providing better accuracy.
The final Monophase and Border-Lock Edentulous impression showing border moulding detail.
Disposable Border-Lock Edentulous trays available in the following sizes and variants:
- #21 Lower Edentulous (Item Number: 186421): 5-pack.
- #24 Lower Edentulous (186424): 5-pack.
- #25 Lower Edentulous (186425): 5-pack.
- #32 Upper Edentulous (186432): 5-pack.
- #34 Upper Edentulous (186434): 5-pack.
- #35 Upper Edentulous (186435): 5-pack.
Disposable Mouldable Edentulous Border-Lock trays available in the following sizes and variants:
- #21 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188421): 5-pack.
- #22 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188422): 5-pack.
- #23 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188423): 5-pack.
- #24 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188424): 5-pack.
- #25 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188425): 5-pack.
- #31 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188431): 5-pack.
- #32 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188432): 5-pack.
- #33 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188433): 5-pack.
- #34 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188434): 5-pack.
- #35 Green Mouldable Edentulous (188435): 5-pack.