- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Opalescence Go™ is a convenient, easy-to-use whitening treatment to go, and is the professional alternative to over-the-counter teeth whitening products. It features a unique UltraFit™ tray that moulds and conforms to any patient’s smile providing a comfortable, custom-like fit and optimal gel/tooth contact. No impressions, models or lab time required.
Opalescence Go is an excellent introduction to whitening as well as a perfect follow-up to in-office whitening. Other features and benefits include:
- UltraFit tray easily conforms to any patient’s smile.
- Molar-to-molar coverage ensures the gel comes in contact with more posterior teeth.
- Designed to maximize patient comfort.
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride) Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce caries and strengthen enamel.
- Convenient prefilled disposable trays can be worn right out of the package.
- Optimal gel quantity provides excellent results and brushes off easily after whitening.
- Available in 10% hydrogen peroxide (with wear times of 30-60 minutes) or 15% hydrogen peroxide (with wear times from 15-20 minutes).
- Opalescence Go can be worn over braces. Offer Opalescence Go to patients two weeks prior to debonding for the added "wow" factor once brackets come off.
- Mint flavour.
Indications for Use
Opalescence is recommended for whitening discoloured teeth to remove internal tooth discolourations due to congenital, systemic, pharmacologic, traumatic, etc., factors as well as aging.
Opalescence Go can also be used as an orthodontic whitening solution (for whitening over braces).
Download a free set of patient-focused social graphics to help you market whitening to your patients:Free Downloads
Before & After
Before Whitening with Opalescence Go
After Whitening with Opalescence Go
Before & After: Whitening with Braces
Clinical case by Dr. Jaleena Jessop
Patient used 10% Opalescence Go whitening for 30–45 minutes a day for 2 weeks. After picture was taken an hour after brackets were removed. Patient was very happy with the colour change and agreed to move forward with furhter esthetic treatments.
Before Whitening with Opalescence Go
After Whitening with Opalescence Go Worn Over Braces
Step by Step Guide: Opalescence Go At-Home Whitening
Remove product from refrigerator where it should be stored and allow it to warm to room temperature. This will make it easier for the tray to adhere to the teeth. Upper trays will be marked with a ‘U’ and lower trays marked with an ‘L’. Remove tray from package.
Centre tray on arch.
Gently suck down or swallow. Do not press tray against teeth as that may push whitening gel against the gums which may cause tissue irritation.
Remove the green outer tray.
Gently suck down or swallow again.
Wear tray for 30 – 60 minutes for 10% concentration and 15-20 minutes for 15% concentration. When finished, remove inner whitening tray and brush teeth.
Step-by-Step Opalescence Go Professional Teeth Whitening
- 10% (Item Number: 704630): 10 x upper trays & 10 x lower trays, mint flavour
- 15% (704633): 10 x upper trays & 10 x lower trays, mint flavour
Patient Kit 6-Packs:
- 10% (704635): 6 x patient kits, mint flavour
- 15% (704638): 6 x patient kits, mint flavour
- 10% (704901): 20 x upper trays & 20 x lower trays, mint flavour
- 10% (974630): 1 x individual sample, IFU
- 15% (974633): 1 x individual sample, IFU
Q: How long do I wear Opalescence take-home whitening?
A: The length of wear time for Opalescence take-home whitening will vary depending on the patient’s unique circumstances and preferences. Patients can choose from four concentrations for treatment flexibility from 30 minutes to overnight.
Q: How does whitening work?
A: Teeth whitening works intrinsically from the inside out, so there is no need for the entire tooth to be in contact with whitening agent in order for the entire tooth to be whitened. Peroxide gels break down into water, oxygen, and free radicals, which in turn oxidizes the bonds of coloured molecules that cause tooth discolouration.
Q: How long do whitening results last?
A: While whitening results are very stable long after the treatment is over, a few factors can affect the length of the whitening results such as genetics, diet, age, medication and certain habits. The procedure may need to be redone periodically.
Q: Will whitening cause tooth sensitivity?
Q: Can Opalescence Go be used with braces?
A: The answer is yes! Opalescence Go prefilled, disposable trays are an easy, affordable option designed to fit directly over braces, allowing your patient to whiten during orthodontic treatment! Since whitening works as peroxide penetrates the tooth and spreads throughout, even the part of a tooth covered by the bracket will whiten. The whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. Its gentle hydrogen peroxide concentration effectively removes bacteria and biodebris from around teeth, gums, and brackets. In addition, recent studies have shown that the oxidation that occurs during the whitening process actually helps make the cement that keeps brackets on teeth even stronger.
Q: How should I store Opalescence GO?
A: Opalescence GO may be stored at room temperature.
View the Opalescence Go Product Sheet.
View the Opalescence Go IFU.
View the Opalescence Go 10% SDS.
View the Opalescence Go 15% SDS.
View article How I Used Opalescence Whitening Systems to Build my Practice by Dr. Jaimeé Morgan (Salt Lake City, UT).
View article Top Five Practice-Building Tips and why whitening is a major part of it. By Dr. Jaimeé Morgan (Salt Lake City, UT).
Recommended Literature: Opalescence Whitening Marketing Literature for Dental Practices