- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
- Technical Details
Vit-l-escence™ esthetic restorative material is a composite system that features the fluorescent and opalescent qualities of natural tooth structure. It is a Bis-GMA-based, radiopaque micro-hybrid system with an average particle size of 0.7µm.* Low-translucency, highly fluorescent dentin shades combined with high-translucency, opalescent/translucent enamel shades facilitate superior reproduction of natural teeth. Other features and benefits include:
- Reproduces natural dentin and enamel exquisitely
- Performs well for both anterior and posterior restorations
- Is both creamy and sculptable
- Polishes beautifully
- Matches shade guide perfectly
- Available in 18 dentin shades and 16 enamel shades
*Dependent on modality for particle size measurement.
Indications for Use
Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material is used for direct and indirect esthetic restorations in anterior and posterior sections.
Vit-l-escence Master Layering Technique
See Instructions for Use for complete instructions, warnings, and precautions.
For Class IV restorations, veneers, or diastema closures, we recommend a silicon putty matrix fabricated from diagnostic wax-up.
Use the matrix as a guide for the basic shape of the restoration and to support the initial lingual placement of material.
Use a thin layer of Opaque Snow™ to establish lingual contour and prevent show-through. This is not necessary if tooth structure exists on the lingual wall.
Inner dentin body layer includes the basic hue of the exposed dentin. If this is an A2, an A5 would be applied at the cervical and an A4 towards the incisal. Cure and apply basic hue (A2). Create mamelons using a carver.
Cover body and extend enamel edge with appropriate translucent shade. To achieve a "halo" (white line at the incisal edge), place a thin roll of Pearl Frost™ or Opaque Snow.
Natural Enamel Opalescence
Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative composite material (left) can be even more translucent than porcelain (right).
Anterior Esthetics, Posterior Strength and Durability
Before. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Gary Radz)
After. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Gary Radz)
Before. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Altamiro Flávio)
After. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Altamiro Flávio)
Before. (Photo courtesty of Dr. Jaimeé Morgan)
After. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Jaimeé Morgan)
Using a proven layering technique, Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material allows you to combine enamel shades and dentin shades to create the most lifelike restorations possible. The custom wedge-shaped shade guide is made from the actual composite, so you can determine the appropriate thickness of each layer.
Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material gives you an array of dentin, enamel, and translucent shades to re-create the look of natural teeth. Its extensive catalog includes 34 total shades, giving you almost limitless options.
Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material features a microhybrid composition that allows it to be polished into an enamel-like gloss.
High Fill Volume
At a 52% fill volume, Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material has a creamy texture for superior handling during cosmetic restorations.
Available in Syringe and Single Delivery
Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material gives you the choice of syringe or single delivery for ease of use.
The name Ultradent is synonymous with quality. All of their research and development is done in-house. So is their manufacturing and quality control. This allows them to guide and oversee the entire process—from the time an Ultradent innovation is conceived to the time it’s created and packaged for shipping. They have met the strictest standards, and their facility is ISO 9001 certified. This ensures every product performs exactly as it’s supposed to for you and for your patients.
Vit-l-escence enables you to create lifelike restorations to perfectly match any patient’s smile. This case by Dr. Rafael Beolchi demonstrates how to produce natural results using a combination of shades within the Vit-l-escence system.
Dr. Jaimee Morgan demonstrates a three shade composite restoration technique using Ultradent's Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material.
"As a 30-year vet of trying to make anterior restorations look like teeth and having tried all the 'latest and greatest' new composites over this time, I have found Vit-l-escence to be the only composite with which I can predictably achieve my goal."
Dr. Jack Mullen – Rocky Mount, NC
"Just the right amount of translucency and pearliness allows invisible blending on enamel margins for posterior restorations. Combined with the easy handling and finishability of your Vit-l-escence products, these shades are truly 'pearl' precious and beautiful."
Dr. Maryann Pittman – Saint Petersburg, FL
"With Vit-l-escence, I can do Class IV restorations that are indistinguishable from natural teeth. What a great product!"
Dr. Sarah Balser – Columbus, OH
"The ability to match various shades and nuances of natural teeth has given me the tools to produce results I would not have believed possible. This product alone raised my skill leavel at least two notices higher."
Dr. Harper Jones II – Pendleton, OR
- A1: 2.5g Syringe (745358), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741219)
- A2: 2.5g Syringe (745343), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741202)
- A3: 2.5g Syringe (745344), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741203)
- A3.5: 2.5g Syringe (745356), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741204)
- A4: 2.5g Syringe (745360), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741220)
- A5: 2.5g Syringe (745362), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741230)
- A6: 2.5g Syringe (745408), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741231)
- B1: 2.5g Syringe (745409), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741205)
- B2: 2.5g Syringe (745418), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741223)
- B3: 2.5g Syringe (745421), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741232)
- B4: 2.5g Syringe (745422), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741233)
- B5: 2.5g Syringe (745423), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741234)
- C1: 2.5g Syringe (745426), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741227)
- C2: 2.5g Syringe (745435), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741228)
- C3: 2.5g Syringe (745439), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741229)
- C4: 2.5g Syringe (745440), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741235)
- C5: 2.5g Syringe (745441), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741236)
- D3: 2.5g Syringe (745442)
- Opaque White: 2.5g Syringe (741182), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741238)
- Opaque Snow: 2.5g Syringe (741183), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741212)
- Pearl Frost: 2.5g Syringe (745443), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741196)
- Pearl Neutral: 2.5g Syringe (741184), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741197)
- Pearl Amber: 2.5g Syringe (741185), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741210)
- Trans Frost: 2.5g Syringe (741187)
- Trans Mist: 2.5g Syringe (745482)
- Trans Smoke: 2.5g Syringe (745485)
- Trans Blue: 2.5g Syringe (741188)
- Trans Orange: 2.5g Syringe (741189)
- Trans Gray: 2.5g Syringe (745478)
- Trans Ice: 2.5g Syringe (745479), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741245)
- Trans Yellow: 2.5g Syringe (745486)
- Trans Amber: 2.5g Syringe (745499)
- Iridescent Blue: 2.5g Syringe (741317), 0.3g Singles 10-Pack (741248)
Q: Can I use Vit-l-escence esthetic restorative material with the composite system I'm currently using?
A: Absolutely! We recommend augmenting your current composite system with the exclusive Vit-l-escence pearl and translucent shades. Adding these shades to your next restoration will add a value and depth to the final result, leaving your patient with a truly lifelike smile.
Q: In cases where the patient desires a bleached result, which shades do you recommend?
A: A thin layer of Opaque White followed by Pearl Frost will achieve a bleached result. Opaque Snow can also be used as a stand-alone bleach shade in cases where the patient desires very white teeth.