- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Clan Border-Lock® trays are inexpensive impression trays designed to fit the most common arch shapes. Border-Lock outperforms stock metal trays in delivering impression accuracy and stability that rivals custom trays, at a fraction of the cost. Available in multiple sizes and two options - single-use disposable and autoclavable. Other features and benefits include:
- Anatomically correct fit reduces impression space, delivering superior dynamic pressure around the arch during insertion while reducing the amount of impression material you will need to use by up to 40%
- Closed distal wall helps prevent excess material flow, which in turn eliminates gagging
- Made from rigid Plexiglas to deliver enhanced stability
- Outperforms stock metal trays and delivers results that rival custom trays
- Available in round (5 tray sizes), square (4 tray sizes) and gothic (1 tray size)
- Includes unique measuring caliper to measure the width and shape of patient’s arch
Intraoral Impression Using Border-Lock Upper Tray
Dentistry and photography courtesy of Dr. Robert Ritter.
The Border-Lock Tray System includes a caliper to measure both the width and unique shape of the patient's arch. For the upper, the caliper should contact the buccal surfaces of the 1st molar and the 2nd bicuspid. (For the lower, measurement is taken lingually on the same teeth.)
Place the caliper on the size chart to easily identify the ideal Border-Lock tray. The chart will indicate which shape (round, square or gothic) as well as the size. Try-in the tray prior to syringing impression material to ensure a correct fit.
Syringe an ample amount of Affinity Light Body around the preparation.
Load the Border-Lock tray with Affinity Heavy Body.
Insert the tray intraorally. Excess impression material will not escape toward the throat. Affinity's intraoral set time is less than 3:00 minutes.
Border-Lock trays limit the impression space, saving you money by reducing the amount of material used and providing better accuracy.
Prep site is captured entirely in Affinity Light Body for unparallelled accuracy.
Single-use disposable Border-Lock trays available in the following sizes and variants:
- #58 Lower (Item Number: 182158): 10-pack.
- #54 Lower (182154): 10-pack.
- #53 Lower (182153): 10-pack.
- #52 Lower (182152): 10-pack.
- #51 Lower (182151): 10-pack.
- #48R Upper (181248): 10-pack.
- #46R Upper (181246): 10-pack.
- #49 Upper (181149): 10-pack.
- #48L Upper (181148): 10-pack.
- #46L Upper (181146): 10-pack.
- #45 Upper (181145): 10-pack.
- #42 Upper (181142): 10-pack.
Autoclavable Border-Lock trays available in the following sizes and variants:
Autoclavable Lower Storage Kit (185812):
- 8 x Lower trays (#51-58)
- 1 x Divider
- 1 x Size gauge