- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
- Technical Details
Today's clinicians want a file that doesn’t separate and root canal treatment results that are less prone to fracture and failure. Introducing the newest system in the SS White® line of minimally invasive endodontic files, ExactTaperH DC™. This file system is 33% leaner than Protaper Gold®*, yet 58% stronger and 250% more flexible. Better yet, you can use the same technique with ExactTaperH DC files as you do with Protaper Gold due to its intuitive sizing.
The variable decreasing taper of the ExactTaperH DC preserves more peri-cervical dentin when compared to other variable increasing taper files like the ProTaper Gold. Smaller tapering in the mid and upper portion of the ExactTaperH DC file results in unmatched file flexibility while providing better initial access and conservative restorative options. Navigate curvy canals without the stress. ExactTaperH DC files utilize proprietary heat-treating processes which create superior controlled memory and flexibility for up to 90º curves that accommodate even the most complex canal anatomies. Other features and benefits include:
- ExactTaperH DC creates an ideal anatomical fit to the natural dimensions of the size and shape of the root canal.
- More resistant to Cyclic Fatigue Failure.
- 58% stronger* than the closest comparable file significantly reducing the chance of file separation.
Recommended Settings for ExactTaperH DC:
Minimally Invasive Endo Made Easy
S2 Shaper File The SS White ExactTaperH DC file system has been designed with multiple tapers that ensure flexibility and cut dentin in specific canal zones, while utilizing a .8 MFD for maximum pericervical dentin conservation, reducing the potential for over-preparation. The ExactTaperH DC finishing files ensure the proper apical fit for the matching ExactTaperH DC gutta-percha points. ExactTaperH DC files are available in comparable sizes, lengths and tapers to the Dentsply ProTaper Gold file system, the SS White ExactTaperH DC file system, and Edge Endo Edge Taper™ file system. They require no change to the current protocol or technique and offer the same predictable results.
- Scouting of the canal is accomplished using a pre-bent size 8 file to EWL, followed by size 10 and, if needed, size 15
- Use ExactTaperH DC SX files in one or more passes to slightly enlarge the coronal aspect
- Create glide path using the appropriate ExactDC Glidepath Rotary File
- Use the shaping files (S1, S2 and SX) with a brushing motion on the outstroke, to more optimally prepare canals that exhibit irregular cross-sections and to facilitate apical file progression
- Use the finishing files (F1-F4) with an ‘in and out’ action (not brushing)
- Always make sure to work in a wet field with NaOCl and use intra-canal lubricant when manually scouting canals
- Always irrigate and recapitulate with a size 10 hand file after each pass of a rotary file
- Frequently clean and inspect the flutes of ExactTaperH DC files and discard if unwinding is seen
LESS File Means Conserving More Dentin for Longer Lasting Restorations
The variable decreasing taper of the ExactTaperH DC preserves more pericervical dentin when compared to other variable increasing taper files like the ProTaper Gold. Smaller tapering in the mid and upper portion of the ExactTaperH DC file results in unmatched file flexibility while providing better initial access and conservative restorative options.
ExactTaperH DC - Removes 40% to 60% less tooth structure
33% Smaller Maximum Flute Diameter than ProTaper Gold, ProTaper Next and WaveOne*
ExactTaperH DC creates an ideal anatomical fit to the natural dimensions of the size and shape of the root canal.
(*Based on Size 25 File Comparison)
*ProTaper®, Protaper Next® and WaveOne® are registered trademarks of Dentsply Sirona.
Watch Clinical Case by Reza Farshey, DMD CAGS: Minimally invasive endodontic treatment (Upper Right – First Molar) with EXACTTaperH DC.
Dr. Reza Farshey discusses the use of SS White's ExactTaperH DC files in his practice.
"Very few files are needed to shape the canals. The flexibility of these files is simply unreal."
Dr. Reza Farshey Endodontist, Chevy Chase, Maryland
"ExactTaperH DC files are a modern, minimally invasive version of Protaper Gold and give the clinician the advantages of dentin preservation without having to change preparation or obturation technique."
Dr. John Khademi Endodontist Durango, Colorado
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following 19mm sizes:
- SX (Item Number: 318015): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following 21mm sizes:
- F1 (318000): 6-Pack
- F2 (318003): 6-Pack
- F3 (318006): 6-Pack
- F4 (318009): 6-Pack
- S1 (318012): 6-Pack
- S2 (318211): 6-Pack
- Glide Path 14/V03 (318018): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following assorted 21mm sizes:
- 14/3-SX-S1-S2-F1-F2 (318016): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following 25mm sizes:
- F1 (318001): 6-Pack
- F2 (318004): 6-Pack
- F3 (318007): 6-Pack
- F4 (318010): 6-Pack
- S1 (318013): 6-Pack
- S2 (318212): 6-Pack
- 14/V03 (318019): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following assorted 25mm sizes:
- 14/3-SX-S1-S2-F1-F2 (318017): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following 29mm sizes:
- 14/V03 (318020): 6-Pack
SS White ExactTaperH DC Files available in the following 31mm sizes:
- F1 (318002): 6-Pack
- F2 (318005): 6-Pack
- F3 (318008): 6-Pack
- F4 (318011): 6-Pack
- S1 (318014): 6-Pack
- S2 (318213): 6-Pack
Q: Can I use these files with any endodontic motor?
A: A slow-speed handpiece is required for rotary file use. Operate the handpiece at a speed of 300 RPM.
Q: What RPM is recommended?
A: 300 RPMs.
View the ExactTaper H DC Brochure.
View article Building confidence and improving repeatability in your endodontic practice from Endodontic Practice US featuring Mark Anthony Limosani, DMD, MS, FRCD(c).