Ribbond®-THM is an ultra-thin, ultra-strong bondable reinforcement ribbon that prevents fracture failures in dental composites and acrylics. Ribbond's strength and fracture toughness are unsurpassed by other fibre reinforcements thanks to a unique combination of ultra-high strength fibres, enhanced bondability and patented cross-link lock-stitch leno weave.
With its thinner profile, Ribbond -THM requires no additional tooth preparation. Once it is embedded in the resin of your choice, Ribbond-THM will stay in place and will adapt more closely to the teeth, guaranteeing a smoother surface. Once resin-treated, Ribbond-THM disappears in the restoration and becomes almost transparent.
Other features and benefits include:
- Prevents costly fracture failures
- Made from the same super tough fibres used to make bulletproof vests
- Integrates chemically with dental resin
- Blends esthetically with all shades of composite
- Excellent tooth adaptation with unsurpassed manageability, guaranteeing a smoother surface
- 0.18 mm thick, available in widths of 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 7mm and 1mm (for fixed orthodontic retainers)