- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
- Technical Details
Macro-Lock® Post Illusion® X-RO® drills are colour-coded drills for fibre-reinforced Macro-Lock Illusion X-RO endodontic posts.
Available in various sizes as universal starter and finishing drills. Drills are provided in hygienic "blister" packaging.
Facial view of the initial case showing a failed PFM crown on tooth #9 (endo treated).
After crown removal, tooth preparation, and root canal prepared to receive a #1 Macro-Lock X-RO post, the canal is etched for 20 seconds, rinsed, and lightly dried with paper points.
Bonding agent is applied and light-cured.
A dual-cured resin cement is placed inside the canal from the bottom to the top avoiding trapping air bubbles.
Macro-Lock X-RO Post is inserted into the resin cement and light cured.
A core buildup is fabricated using the same material selected for cementation.
Facial view. The colour of the Macro-Lock Illusion X-RO post has disappeared to ensure esthetics are not compromised.
- Macro-serrations and anti-rotation features interlock with the cement and core material to increase retention.
- Flexural strength of at least 1800 MPa makes it the strongest fiber post on the market.
- Intrinsic color-coding disappears when seated, re-appears on demand, if removal ever becomes necessary.
- Tapered shape enhances adaptation to the root anatomy and conserves dentin.
- Incorporates color-coding for easy identification before or after placement – posts match the drills.
- Atraumatically removable in minutes.
- Translucency provides esthetics and expedites the dual-cure cementation procedure.
- Corrosion-free and biocompatible.
Overview of the RTD Macro-Lock Post Illusion X-RO system complete with features and benefits as well as the step-by-step clinical technique.
"I have placed over 500 Macro-Lock posts without a single failure. The tapered shape facilitates minimal removal of tooth structure and ensures a minimal amount cement, which minimizes polymerization shrinkage and micro-leakage. Superior physical properties, along with macro and micro-retention, and anti-rotational features make this my post of choice for extensively broken-down teeth."
Dr. Manfred Friedman
"I have used RTD fiber posts since 1997 and do not have cases of breaking or failure in my treatments."
Dr. Sandra Costa Zamboni
Macro-Lock Illusion X-RO Drills available individually:
- Finishing Drill #1 (Item Number: 590221)
- Finishing Drill #2 (590222)
- Finishing Drill #3 (590223)
- Finishing Drill #4 (590224)
- Finishing Drill #5 (590225)
- Finishing Drill #6 (590226)
- Universal Starter Drill #1 (590202)
- Universal Starter Drill #2 (590203)