- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
- Technical Details
The versatility of the VALO™ and VALO Grand broadband LED curing lights are expanded by several functional accessories. Curing light accessories for VALO, VALO Cordless, and VALO Grand lights include:
- Mounting bracket
- Barrier sleeves
- Light shield
- Rechargeable batteries
- Battery charging unit
- Power supply
- For VALO curing lights, magnetic lenses are particularly helpful, facilitating specific curing procedures and extending the light's uses. All lenses are secured to the VALO light head by a strong magnet inside the lens housing.
Accessory lenses for VALO lights include:
- PointCure lens
- TransLume lenses
- ProxiCure Ball lenses
- Black Light lens
- White Light lens
- Interproximal lens
Indications for Use
These accessories expand the uses of the VALO, VALO Cordless, and VALO Grand curing lights. See the Clinical Technique and Technical Details sections for each accessory’s specific indications.
For pinpoint curing of small composites or tack curing veneers.
For detecting cracks and other abnormalities.
ProxiCure Ball Lenses
For building convex proximal contacts.
Black Light Lens
For detecting fluorescent particles in resins for easy differentiation from natural enamel.
For easy storage of VALO LED curing lights the mounting bracket mounts to any surface. It is available in one size to fit all VALO, VALO Cordless and VALO Grand lights.
This magnetic lens provides pinpoint curing of small composites and is helpful for tack curing veneers. (Not yet available for VALO Grand light.)
TransLume Lenses (Green)
The green lens aids in locating and demonstrating cracks and subsurface differences. (Not yet available for VALO Grand light.)
ProxiCure Ball Lenses
ProxiCure Ball lenses facilitate the building of convex proximal contacts. The imprint is easily filled with composite in a second step. Push the ProxiCure Ball lens against the interproximal wall of the band; do not submerge in composite. (Not yet available for VALO Grand light.)
Transforms the blue light into a 1mm point of white light to aid in viewing interproximal caries.
Black Light Lens
The Black Light lens is used to detect fluorescent particles in resins for easy differentiation from natural enamel. (Not yet available for VALO Grand light.)
White Light Lens Lens
Provides a visual aid for accurate colour/shade comparison or whenever natural light is needed. Transforms the blue light into a controlled 5000K white light for excellent colour rendering for shade matching.
The light shield provides protection to the person operating the curing light.
Barrier sleeves protect the VALO light from coming into direct contact with the patient’s tissues. Barrier sleeves are available in two sizes—one size for VALO and VALO Cordless lights and a larger size suitable for the VALO Grand light. See the Configurations section for more details.
VALO Cordless and VALO Grand lights are powered by two rechargeable lithium-ion phosphate batteries.
Battery Charging Unit
This unit recharges the VALO light’s lithium-ion phosphate batteries so you can avoid the waste and extra cost of disposable batteries. The battery charger is suitable for power outlets from 100 to 240 volts.
The VALO Cordless and VALO Grand lights both have a charging unit power supply that is suitable for power outlets from 100 to 240 volts.
The VALO Corded light has a medical-grade international power supply is suitable for power outlets from 100 to 240 volts. It's available with a 6' cord or a 16' cord.
The VALO Grand just got more function with the snap of a magnet.
- VALO X: 100-Pack (Item Number: 725991)
- VALO Grand: Slim Size 100-Pack (725974)
- VALO Cordless: Slim Size 100-Pack (725947) or Original Size 500-Pack (725964)
- VALO Corded: Slim Size 100-Pack (725931) or Original Size 500-Pack (725932)
- VALO X: Power Supply w/ Universal Plugs (725930), Battery Charger (725987), Rechargable Batteries (725990), Assembled Cord (725989)
- VALO Corded: 6' Power Cord (725930) or 16' Power Cord (725933)
- VALO Cordless and VALO Grand Cordless: Charging Unit Power Supply (725961), Battery Charging Unit (725962), Rechargeable Batteries (725963)
- VALO Grand (725973): available individually
- VALO Cordless (725929): available individually
- VALO Corded (725935): available individually
- VALO Cordless and VALO Corded: PointCure Lenses (725934), ProxiCure Ball Lenses (725936), TransLume Lenses (725937), Black Light Lens (725939), Interproximal Lens (725920)
- VALO Grand Cordless: White Light Lens (725978), ProxiCure Ball Lens (725979), PointCure Lens (725982), Grand TransLume Lens (725983), Black Light Lens (725984), Interproximal Lens (725985)
Mounting Bracket (721667): available individually, fits all VALO types and sizes.
Q: How concentrated does the light become with the PointCure lens attached?
A: The light is focused to a 2.5mm aperture, which makes it ideal for tacking veneers and all-porcelain crowns.
Q: How long do veneers and crowns need to be tack cured with the PointCure lens?
A: For veneers, a 1-second tack cure with VALO light on high power mode is all you need. For all-porcelain crowns, a 2-second cure with VALO light on high power mode from the occlusal surface is sufficient in most cases.
Q: Can TransLume lenses be used for curing?
Q: How should the various lenses be cleaned?
A: Cold disinfect the lenses using any surface disinfectant. Do not use an ultrasonic to clean the lenses. Do not autoclave.
Q: My VALO Cordless light doesn’t fit in the wall mount I received. What do I do?
A: The wall mount will fit both the VALO and VALO Cordless lights. Because the VALO Cordless light has a larger wand body, it needs to be stored upside down in the wall bracket.
Q: How do the lenses attach to the VALO curing light?
A: Each lens is magnetically attached to the head of the light. The magnet is strong enough for a secure attachment but still allows for easy detachment at the right time.