The Bioclear™ Posterior Matrix System includes a comprehensive array of Biofit HD and Biofit Blue matrices, wedges and twin rings to create snug, broad, and comfortable contacts in posterior restorations. It leverages all of the advantages of the injection-moulding, bulk-filling technique to create strong, smooth, and anatomic contacts.
Bioclear’s Biofit matrices are engineered to maintain the ideal interproximal shape even after placement and manipulation. The shape of the Biofit matrices offers 30% more buccal/lingual and occlusal wrap than traditional matrices. Formed with translucent white 76 µ mylar, Biofit HD Matrices are more rigid which allows them to be placed as easily as metal matrices. While the Biofit Blue matrix is formed with a transparent blue 50 µ mylar and is ideal for cases where a more flexible matrix is needed. A large occlusal tab helps with placement of Biofit matrices and control during wedging. In addition, the matrix material is translucent which makes true injection moulding possible and allows for thorough light-curing.
The Biofit Matrix features a curved occlusal embrasure so ideal that you no longer need to shorten and subsequently reshape the occlusal embrasure with burs or discs.
The Bioclear Posterior Matrix System includes patented Twin Rings and Diamond Wedges for effortless tooth separation and matrix adaptation. Combined with the Biofit clear matrices, the Bioclear Posterior System gives you flexible options for treating a wide variety of clinical situations.
Other features and benefits include:
- Unique shape that is appropriate for 75% of posterior molar cases
- Matrix shape offers 30% more buccal/lingual and occlusal wrap around the tooth
- A more rigid matrix and placement tab allows easy placement
- The translucent mylar material allows thorough light-curing
- Mylar leaves the composite more polished than traditional metal matrices
- Ideal occlusal curvature of matrix creates rounded marginal ridge
- Comes in 3 sizes; 4.5 mm, 5.5 mm and 6.5 mm
Indications for Use
The Bioclear Posterior Matrix Kit is used to create snug, broad, and comfortable contacts in posterior restorations.