Restorative Options for the Endodontically Treated Tooth
with Dr. Manfred Friedman & Dr. Rafael Bustamante
6.5 CE Credits | AGD Subject Code: 250/070
Successful Endodontic Treatment is in large part due to strategic restorative choices. This multi-modality course is designed to assist the practitioner to make sound restorative decisions and use modern techniques to achieve success.
Part 1: Constructing a Predictable Foundation for Full Coverage
To give more treatment options when faced with some unusual problems. Post systems and the proper technique for etching, bonding and cementing fiber posts will be presented during the hands-on portion which enhances retention, decreases root fracture, and allows for retrievability if needed.
Topics To Be Covered:
- The evolution of the use of posts in dentistry
- The modern-day decision tree - when should posts be used
- The evolution of fiber post technology and systems
- Fiber posts - they are not all the same!
- The selection of the appropriate post
- The secret to clinical success - the necessary adjunctive aids to treat the canal properly and a simple step-by-step technique to minimize air bubbles and achieve maximum bond strength of the post and core.
- Do you need to use a post cement and then a core material or can you do it all at once?
- Preparing a model tooth, etching, bonding and cementing a conservative fiber post, and building up the core.
Part 2: A Modern Approach to Direct Composite Restorations
To introduce the Bioclear Method and how its modernized cavity preparations capitalize on the mechanical properties of composite resins to make stronger, predictable, longer-lasting restorations particularly for endodontically-treated teeth. You will be introduced to modernized cavity preparations, anatomic tooth forms (Bioclear matrices) and injection-molding of heated composite to make stronger, predictable, longer lasting restorations as per the Bioclear Method.
Topics To Be Covered:
- Traditional options to restoring endodontically-treated teeth
- To crown or not to crown
- Modified tooth preparations for composite restorations
- The Bioclear Method
- What about posts?
- Clinical examples
- Application of the Bioclear Method to a traditional G.V. Black MOD cavity preparation on an upper maxillary bicuspid.
- Early Bird Special: $449.25 - Expires Sept 24, 2023
- Dentists & Associates: $599
Dates and Locations:
November 24, 2023 | North York, ON
Want To Save Even More? Buy More, Save More.
Take advantage of a Practice Package - plan your fall CE with CRD and SAVE. BUY 2 eligible courses and GET 1 FREE. Once purchased, you decide which clinical staff to register for each course.
1. Choose Your Courses
Select the 3 CE courses you are interested in. Mix and match or purchase multiple seats in 1 course.
2. Contact Our CE Team
Call 1-800-265-3444 ext 1 to get connected with a CRD CE team member.
3. Register and Configure
A CE team member will register seats in your selected courses and confirm who will be attending each course.
*Buy 2, Get 1 Free pricing is based on regular tuition. Free course is the least expensive eligible course.
EXPLORE CONTINUING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
CRD destination courses are a fantastic opportunity for dental professionals to connect with industry-leading speakers, colleagues and friends to learn, network and share ideas. Take a trip with Dentistry's top key opinion leaders to experience the best dental CE that always keeps the patient's best outcomes in mind.
CRD is committed to supporting dental professionals with access to online courses that fit their schedule, educational needs and interests. Experience the convenience of quality online continuing dental education that features Dentistry's top key opinion leaders in live-streamed and on-demand formats.
Bring group training directly to your office! Mini Clinics are free, high-energy, interactive in-office sessions with your CRD Clinical Advisor. Mini Clinic courses provide you and your staff a refresher on dental best practices, techniques and procedures. You'll earn 1 CE credit per topic in the convenience of your office.
Clinical Research Dental/Clinician’s Choice is an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship/Mastership and Membership Maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2026 and the Provider ID # is 208086.