- Product Details
- Clinical Technique
Designed to prevent impression distortion, Quad-Tray® Xtreme™ is dentistry’s best-selling metal dual-arch, disposable impression tray. Quad-Tray Xtreme is made from rigid aluminum that will not distort when placed intraorally or upon removal, eliminating retakes and excessive occlusal adjustment.
Thanks to many clinically significant features the Quad Tray Xtreme dual-arch impression tray delivers unparalleled accuracy for a wide range of impression procedures.
Other features and benefits of the Quad Tray Xtreme include:
- Ultra-rigid aluminum construction is memory-free and dead soft
- Wide, customizable arch design fits any arch shape or size
- Thin distal bar prevents retro molar pad impingement
- Low sidewalls prevent palatal impingement and axial roll of the tray wall
- Retention bars along the inside of buccal and lingual tray walls help lock impression material to the tray
- Large handle for easy handling
The Quad-Tray Xtreme is part of Clinician’s Choice Quad-Tray family of ultra-rigid aluminum dual-arch impression trays specially designed to prevent the causes of tray distortion.
triple tray triple trays
Full Quadrant Impression using Affinity InFlex, Affinity Light Body RF and Quad-Tray Xtreme
Dentistry courtesy of Dr. Brad Carson. Photography courtesy of Dr. Gildo Santos.
With tissue management and hemostasis achieved, the preparation is cleaned with Detail Pre-Impression Cleansing Gel to remove any residual debris and hemostatic agent ensuring complete polymerization of the Affinity InFlex VPS tray material and Affinity Light Body VPS Material.
The Affinity Light Body impression material is placed after Clinician's Choice® First String™ Retraction Cord (size S) has been carefully removed, making sure to keep the tip submerged.
The Quad-Tray Xtreme is placed immediately upon completing the syringing of the light body. The patient is asked to passively close. If no segmental bite registration has been taken prior to the impression, the patient may need to be guided into position.
While holding the tray by the sides, the impression is gently removed from the patient’s mouth. Never torque the handle of the tray to prevent bending of the aluminum body.
The final impression showing excellent capture of the margins as well as showing that the Light Body was not overly displaced by the hydraulics of the InFlex. This ensures a more accurate die and better fit of the final restoration.
Final photograph showing the bonded ceramic restoration which needed virtually no adjusting interproximally and occlusally post-cementation.
Compared with flimsy plastic trays, the inflexible Quad-Tray is designed for accuracy. Peter Jordan, president of Clinician's Choice, discusses dentistry's best-selling metal quadrant impression tray.
Designed to prevent impression distortion, Quad-Tray from Clinician's Choice is dentistry’s best-selling metal dual-arch, disposable impression tray.
Quad-Tray Xtreme is available in:
- 50-pack (Item Number: 047500)
- 100-pack (047100)
- 250-pack (047250)
Q: The trays are too large. What can I do?
A: Quad-Tray Xtreme dual-arch trays are designed to fit any arch width, but are easily narrowed by gently squeezing the sides of the tray inward until the desired width is achieved.
Q: The distal bar is too thick. What can I do?
A: Prior to taking the impression, try-in the Quad-Tray Xtreme and have the patient bite down into the desired intercuspation without soft or hard tissue interference. Repeat this positioning when taking the final impression.
Q: Are there any tips for preventing impression material waste?
1. When using a sideless tray, like the Quad-Tray Xtreme, we recommend using a sufficient amount of tray material to cover both sides of the mesh as well as using additional material to encompass the tray walls on the buccal and lingual surfaces and preparation areas. This recommended loading technique minimizes any chance of impression distortion in order to ensure an ideal fit of the final restoration.
2. Customizing (narrowing) the Quad-Tray Xtreme to the desired arch width will result in the use of the optimal amount of impression material without waste.
View the Quad-Tray XL Product Sheet.
View article Maximizing Impression-Taking Efficiency and Accuracy featuring Fred H. Peck DDS, FAACD, FICD.